The OZTL_NET Discussion List is an email-based forum for information professionals working in Australian schools. It is supported by the teacher librarianship academic staff at the School of Information Studies , Charles Sturt University.
Discussion is open to all members of the Australian TL community and any people with a genuine interest in teacher librarianship and/or school libraries. This may include:
- practising TLs in all K-12 schools across all Australian states and territories
- university students enrolled in and recent graduates of TL courses, including University courses and Department of School Education Certificate courses
- trained and qualified TLs currently not practising in school libraries
- academics in teacher librarianship, library and information science and/or education fields
- public, academic and special librarians involved with school library services and users
- administrators of professional associations and journals relating to TLs and school libraries
- school library support staff
- school library consultants
- commercial suppliers of goods and services to school libraries.
While it is important for Australian TLs to broaden their horizons via the Internet and ‘go global’, local action is essential in developing a strong professional TL movement in Australia. OZTL_NET’s strategic intention is to unite all parties who share a considerable interest in the latest developments, issues and initiatives in teacher librarianship and school libraries in Australia.
We invite you to join by completing the form below. For further information, check the links in the sidebar on the right!